Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Atwood Fall Festival

Last weekend, I made my yearly journey to the Atwood Fall Festival, located in Mineral City, in both Carroll and Tuscarawas counties.  The festival is held annually the first weekend in October, when the fall colors are at their peak and it is just warm enough to spend the day outside.  Arriving to the festival early is optimal because it is the place to be and it gets very busy. 

My mom and I got there around 11 am and we were already hungry for lunch!  Luckily there are food stands everywhere.  I got a super healthy lunch of nachos and mountain dew from a stand run by a church group while Mom got a sloppy joe.  I also had to stop and get my dessert at a stand that sells homemade ice cream that they make right in front of you.  I highy recommend the reese cup ice cream.  My mom wanted a piece of pie from the Pie Wagon  - pecan and also very good.  There were so many other options for food, but hey, it was the weekend and junk food just sounded great. 

Next up was the craft tents.  Each one was packed and full of interesting things to buy.  I saw some awesome Halloween wooden lawn decorations that I probably would have bought if I had the room.  Most of the crafts are Halloween or Christmas decorations, but I also saw furniture, fudge, and cornhole games for sale.  And the crafts aren't just confined to the tents.  Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment